There’s no better time to visit Austin, Texas than the summer. So why not make it this summer and stay with Walker Luxury Vacation Rentals. I’m sure if you are already planning to visit Austin, you have your ideas of what to do because this city is full of unique and fun summer activities. But I bet you haven’t thought of everything, which is why we have a list of the quintessential summer activities in Austin that you absolutely should consider doing when you stay with Walker Luxury Vacation Rentals.
18 Things to Do in Austin, Texas This Summer
- Catch a live show on stage at the ZACH Theatre.
- Sample treats at the Austin Fermentation Festival.
- Float down the San Marcos River during the Big Gay River Float.
- Putt to your heart’s content at Peter Pan Mini-Golf.
- Grab an ice cream cone from Amy’s Ice Creams.
- At The Blue Starlite, you don’t need to get out of your car to see the latest movies.
- Stand near the Anne W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge to see the bats fly over. There’s a lot of them.
- Visit a brewery or two, or three. We suggest Hops & Grain, then Zilker Brewing and, Lazarus Brewing.
- Make a reservation at Becker Vineyards Winery.
- Skinnydip at Hippie Hollow Park.
- Stroll through the Texas Farmers’ Market at Mueller.
- Thrift shop for something weird to wear at Pavement.
- See a movie at the first Alamo Drafthouse.
- Sagebrush is your place for live music.
- You can’t leave Austin without BBQ so try Salt Lick BBQ.
- Ride a horse on the trails in Pedernales Falls State Park.
- Satisfy your taco craving at Veracruz.
- Sleep under the stars by camping at McKinney Falls State Park.
Let Us Handle Any Other Summer Plans
At Walker Luxury Vacation Rentals, we have a large assortment of luxury vacation rentals. You can find them in Downtown Austin, Lake Austin, Lake Travis, and Hill Country. If there’s a summer activity we didn’t list, we can safely assume it’s near one of our Austin vacation rentals.